Monday, April 14, 2008

Are You A Bully?

As we live our day-to-day lives I am prompted to ask this question. When I see strife and division I am prompted to ask this question. When I see other people hurting, I am prompted to ask this question. When someone loses his or her confidence, there is a reason why. When someone has low self-esteem, there is a reason why. When I see someone crying and in pain, I know they are not making it up or faking it. I know their pain is real. Are you a bully? Do you enjoy inflicting pain? Please forgive me for asking. The world is hurting and dying because of the pain we inflict on each other. We hurt each other daily, though we may not want to admit it, as it’s always easier to point at the next person and blame them. Do we show compassion when we see the suffering of others? Does it make you feel better when you pass rude comments to others? Do you feel good when you shout at others and you hurt if they do the same to you? Are you a bully or are you not? Do you easily feel insulted when others try to correct and point you in the way of peace? Do you easily misunderstand and misconstrue what people say to you? Are you too proud to say sorry knowing very well what you have done is not good? It makes me wonder if you are a bully. Do you easily point the finger and blame others for your own errors and do you make others laugh or cry? Ask yourself that question once again. Do you make others laugh or cry or are you constantly at war with others? Do you compliment your loved ones or do you pull them down?

Today is the beginning of a new week. Let us take time to think. How can we change ourselves so that we can change others? Believe it or not, if you inflict pain on others then you are full of pain. If you are constantly hurting others then you are full of hurt and you need to sort yourself out before you lose friends and family and what would you have left? Yourself! Loneliness is not a good thing so I encourage you today to please try and change before it’s too late. May God make His strength perfect in our moments of weakness.
(Written by Ladé, 2008 © All rights reserved.)

No comments: