Monday, February 15, 2010

Give A Stranger One of Your Smiles :-)

I find that when someone smiles at me, it makes me feel better. Even if I were frowning before then, the frown would suddenly melt away and I would begin to smile back. A smile is a powerful weapon; it can be infectious. Mother Teresa once said that peace begins with a smile. Most smiles are started by another smile and a smile always comes back to the person who gives it. Your expression is important, a smile brings warmth, it increases your face value, and it can brighten the darkest day and throw sunshine in someone’s way. No matter how grouchy a person is, give them a smile. If people are too tired to smile, give them one of yours. It is a gift of love, it goes a long way, it costs nothing and it enriches those who receive it.

It is documented that it takes seventeen muscles to smile and forty-three to frown. Imagine that! Imagine going through a whole day without smiling, that means you’ve used up a lot of energy frowning. If you are tense it’s because you’re not smiling. Everyday you spend without a smile is a lost day. Invest some smiles into your day. I encourage you today; do not let another day go by without you smiling. A smiling face radiates beauty; I’ve never seen a smiling face that looks ugly. Every smile is beautiful. Even as I write now, I find that I am smiling.

My encouragement to you today is to smile in spite of whatever your problems might be, though life may be difficult, smile regardless. If you don’t have a smile, I’ll give you one of mine, so receive it now and start smiling, and please don’t just keep the smile to yourself, give it away and it will surely come back to you. A smile may take but a moment or a second but the memory of it sometimes lasts forever. So, go on and give someone a big smile! Give a stranger one of your smiles. It is a gift of love.
“Everytime you smile at someone, it is an action of love, a gift to that person, a beautiful thing.” ~ Mother Teresa
(Written by Freda Ladé-Ajumobi, 2010 © All rights reserved. Pictures used by permission, please do not copy. )

No comments: